Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Book Review: Come and See Bible Study: Exile and Return

I am on a mission. I have been looking for an affordable and easy to understand Bible Study that is Catholic. I used to love the "God's Word Today" monthly booklets where I would read a little each night so that by the end of the month I had read and digested a whole book of the Bible or Bible topic. Unfortunately, these are no longer being sold so I have been searching for something that was just as easy and something I comprehended just as well.

The Come and See Catholic Bible study is more in-depth than something like the little magazines I used to read but when used as individual study, I found that it is just as simple and even more comprehensive. With this study, you read a little and then answer some questions about the material. When used as a group study, I can imagine that many doors are opened within the group setting and the individuals get even more insight. As an individual, I appreciated that this study covers readings from the Bible and the Catechism. At the beginning of each section there is also a little introductory information, making it a wonderful aid for private study as well as group study.

The Exile and Return package is awesome! I have been wanting to read the "Catholic" books of the Bible and this gave me the perfect opportunity to get started! I haven't finished my study but I am pleasently surprised at what an interesting book Tobit has turned out to be!

Head over to the Catholic Company site and grab a copy of  Come and See:Exile and Return-Bible Study! You won't be sorry!

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Come and See:Exile and Return-Bible Study. The Catholic Company is the best resource for all your seasonal needs such as First Communion gifts as well as ideas and gifts for the special papal Year of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...