Friday, July 1, 2011

Bible Story Summer! David and Goliath Craft {FREE PRINTABLE}


I looked back at all my posts for this month and realized that I need to get to work crafting and posting! I decided I need to finish my David and Goliath craft so that I can participate in Catholic Icing's First Friday link up! I love linky parties and I love Catholic Icing so I try hard to have at least one craft to post each month!

This craft is part of my "Bible Story Summer" activities that I created to teach my sons about the stories of the Bible.

I simply printed out my {FREE} David and Goliath pattern, colored it with Sharpie markers, cut them out and used packing tape to attach Goliath to a 2 liter soda bottle and david to a medicine bottle. I foudn some unsharpened pencils with no erasers (useless!) and used the packing tape to attach them to the sides of the medicine bottle. We used rocks from our yard (5- like David) and used the David sling shot to shoot them at Goliath.


Just print this pattern as a full page photo. Also, if you would like to share it, please share the link to this post, not my picture. Thanks!

My 7 year old had a lot of fun trying to figure out the sling shot!

he finally got it!

watch out Goliath!

Yes, 5 year olds can do it too!

missed...

Yay! Knock down!

It's even fun for preteens! See that tongue? He wants to be like Michael Jordan so I guess it's appropriate!

Davey and Goliath
"You're big... I'm little... little kids can do big things too!" (Veggie Tales song!)

I am linking up at the following:

First Friday Link Up


God Bless!
Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage that you continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!

    Feel free to visit my blog post - contact

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...