Saturday, July 14, 2012

Book Review: Inescapable





I love to read about the Amish/Mennonites and their simple way of life. I live in a small town in Georgia and see Mennonites very often when I am shopping in town. I also frequent a little Mennonite store across town when I have a chance. There is something about the simplicity in their dress  and actions that mesmerizes me.

The story of a Mennonite girl who left her childhood home to enter into the “world”, “Inescapable” by Nancy Mehl caught my attention. I began reading and was hooked after only a few pages. The story is about a young Mennonite girl who found herself with child after a night of indiscretion with her boyfriend. He left town and left Lizzie alone- pregnant and living with an abusive father and meek mother. Lizzie then returns to her childhood town of Kingdom with her 6 year old daughter after being falsely accused of theft and apparently stalked by someone. Through twists and turns that you’ll never see coming, this book will keep you up at night trying to read “one more page”.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that this book was not the run of the mill Amish romance. It is not often that you see an Anabaptist based book that is also a suspense, and this book was exactly what was needed to fill the gap. This book will keep you guessing until the end. I recommend that you pick up a copy of this book for your summer reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...