Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Proverbs 31:1-7


Monday was the first day of goodmorninggirls.org Summer Book Club and Bible Study. I first found out about Good Morning Girls last summer through a blog that I read. I signed up last summer and studied Sally Clarkson's book,The Ministry of Motherhood. I enjoyed it and knew I wanted to participate again this summer. The summer book selection this year is Courtney Joseph's free book, "The Proverbs 31 Woman".

So, this week was the first week of the book club and we will read Proverbs 31:1-7. I really can relate to Lemuel's mother because I am the mother of three sons. In verse two, she is calling him "my first born", then "son of my womb", then "son of my vows". She is telling us how special he is to her. She has dedicated her life to him and she fears in verses three and four that he will give up all the good training that she gave him in exchange for a life of vices.

I can relate to this mother because I fear the same for my sons. I am afraid that I am not doing enough or doing the right thing to teach them that a life with God is much better than a life of vices. So far my boys seem to really be good kids. They are well-mannered and loving. But what if that changes? Oh, I can feel this mother's pain!

So, I must cling to my hope in Christ and let go and let God.... and teach them the traits of a virtuous woman through my example!


Thanks for stopping by! God Bless!
 Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! I am visiting from GMG's Women in the Word Wednesday! Wonderful post :) I think it is so great when we can feel a specific connection to the verses we read

    http://lawyergirlruns86.blogspot.com/2012/05/women-in-word-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...