Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Preparing for Bible Study!


Friday was my last official day of work for the 2011-2012 school year! I love having long summers to spend with my children!

Last summer I decided on a whim to join an online Bible Study and Book Club hosted by "Good Morning Girls". I had no idea what it was but it looked interesting so I bought the book and played along. I really enjoyed it and was mesmerized by the "SOAP" method of studying the Bible.

As soon as April came around this year, I eagerly scoured the Good Morning Girls site in anticipation to see if they had announced the newest Summer Book Club selection. I was excited to see that it is Courtney's new FREE book, The Proverbs 31 Woman. If you would like a free copy, jump to her site and subscribe to her blog- you won't be sorry!

Now, onto my project! I printed out my book (in booklet format) a few weeks ago and used my Bind-It-All to bind it together. Today I decided that it needed some dressing up so here's what I did:


I used a paperclip and ribbon to create my own little bookmark. I attached it to the binding and even wove the ribbon all the way down the binding.

I glued a strip of scrapbook paper to the top and bottom of the cover to add a little pattern to my cover.
I also added some scrapbook paper to the back of my book!

I tied ribbons around the binding for a pop of color! I used all ribbons that I already had in my stash. The wide pink ribbon was some I salvaged off of a gift!


I hope you enjoyed my little makeover of Courtney's book! If you are not signed up to join the book club, please consider it. I would love to start a group of my own if anyone is interested in joining me...


Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...