Friday, March 16, 2012

Last Minute Idea: St Patrick's Day

I saw a really cute snack idea on Pinterest for St Patrick's Day and decided to replicate/tweak it a little. The original idea showed a tag wrapped around a prepackaged bowl of Lucky Charms. I made some marshmallow bars for mine.

Before you begin, print out a tag for your treats. Just save my image below to your computer and print to whatever size you prefer. I used the 4x6 photo size for mine. You have my permission to use my graphic for your personal use but PLEASE link back to me if you post it on the internet and do not offer my tag on your site.


Lucky Marshmallow Bars

Ingredients

Lucky Charms or similar cereal (I used Kroger brand)
1 bag mini marshmallows
3tbs butter plus some for your pan
1tsp vanilla flavor (I use the cheap kind)
baking dish for forming treats

Melt your butter in a pot over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir, stir, stir until they melt. Add vannilla and remove from heat. Gently pour cereal into marshmallows and stir. Continue to add cereal until it is coated to the consistancy you prefer (general rule is about 6 cups). Now transfer your mixture to your greased pan and allow it all to cool.

Remove cooled treats from pan and cut into bars. Place bars into an upcycled cookie container like the one I used or to preferred container (I ussually use individual ziplocs for my boys). Add a pretty ribbon and the free tag from this post to decorate!






PS Yes that is my back porch. I love natural light and can't get much inside my house. Yes, it is beautiful outside today, too! :)

Skip To My Lou
Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...