Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Book Review: Sinner


 Are you finding it hard to be holy? 

Do you sometimes feel like the "world" has a tight grip on you?

Do you have a hard time "fitting in"?


Lino Rulli, best known as "The Catholic Guy" has written a memoir of his life entitled, "Sinner". In the book, he discusses the troubles he had growing up as a misfit and details his fear of commitment. Interspersed with funny stories, the memoir tells readers about the truly human side of an Emmy winner and Catholic radio personality. Rulli gives a completely honest look at his life-long struggles with the religion that he loves.

Although I read a few reviews before receiving this book that viewed this book in a negative light, I knew I had to read it after previewing the first few chapters.  Although Rulli is a cradle Catholic and I am a convert, I could see myself in much of what he wrote. The part that I identified with the most is when he said that he either feels not holy enough or too holy when in different churches and he never fits in. I often feel this way. I never feel like I measure up- though I know I am not supposed to be judging! 

This book was a delightful and quick read for me! I could not put it down. I love that each chapter is its own and it would be a great "bathroom book" or something to keep in the car for short spurts of free time. It is also great to read all the way through. This is not an apologetic book and not a book on Catholic theology- it is a memoir- a funny and entertaining one- but a memoir nonetheless.





I wrote this review of Sinner
for the free
Catholic Book review program
, created by Aquinas and More Catholic Goods,
your source for Baptism
Gifts
and Oplatki
Christmas Wafers
.



Tiber River is the
first Catholic book review site, started in 2000 to help you make informed
decisions about Catholic book purchases.


I receive free product samples as compensation for writing reviews for
Tiber River.

Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...