Friday, February 10, 2012

My Lenten Arsenal

Do you do anything to prepare for Lent? I usually buy a book to read and focus on during Lent each year. Last year I readJesus of Nazareth: Holy Week: From the Entrance Into Jerusalem To The Resurrection
 by Pope Benedict XVI. Though I ultimately loved the book, it was a hard read! This year I plan to do some simpler Lenten reading. I just got in my Lenten shipment from Amazon and I won a book from Kathleen Basi's blog that will arrive any day. I think I am all set for reading my way through Lent. With two family devotionals, we should not be at a loss for spiritual exercises. Did I also mention that I am working my way through Lisa Hendey's book "Saints for Catholic Moms"? Yes, I have plenty of devotional material!

Here is a list of books in my Lenten arsenal:


I think this will be a great addition because I always "Spring Clean" during Lent and this book is supposed to be a great support for cleaning and organizing.


Can you believe this is selling for $2.50? I was absolutely blown away when I opened my box and saw that this is a full size book. It looks really interesting too!


I am seriously thinking about getting more of these for my REP students. I already glanced through this little booklet today and I can tell you that it is great if you are trying to get your kids to start sacrificing for Lent.


This is the one that I won. I cannot wait to get it. I was considering purchasing it when I won it.



Please leave a comment or link to let me know what you will be focusing on this Lent...

Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...