Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: A Child's First Communion


I had the opportunity to review "A Child's First Communion And So Much More" featuring Father Joe Kempf. There are two sections to this DVD. In the first section entitled "For Adults", Father Joe explains to parents the importance of Communion and reasons that they should attend Mass regularly and take Communion. In the second section, entitled "For Children", Father Joe and Big Al explain Communion to the children. At the end there is a guided opportunity for children to silence themselves and meditate

My middle son will be recieving his First Communion this April. I am very excited and that is the reason that I requested the opportunity to review this DVD. I really enjoyed the part for parents and I think that some of the things that Father Joe says are things that need to be said more often. In the children's section, Father Joe explained things to the children in a way that they can understand. I love that Father Joe speaks in such a mild manner and he really seems to have a true love for the Eucharist. I admire that. Although I am only a parent, I think that this DVD would be a better resource for a First Communion teacher and will be forwarding this copy to my son's teacher. 


There are even more resources located here.
  
I wrote this review of "A Child's First Communion and So Much More" DVD for the free Catholic Book review program created by Aquinas and More Catholic Goods, your source for Baptism Gifts and Oplatki Christmas Wafers. Tiber River is the first Catholic book review site, started in 2000 to help you make informed decisions about Catholic book purchases. I receive free product samples as compensation for writing reviews for Tiber River.


Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...