Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Life Application Study Bible

The Life Application Study Bible Devotional that I had the priviledge of reviewing is one that focuses on the Gospels and the life of Jesus. The book is divided into 52 weeks and then sub-divided into individual days. Each day includes a reading from the Bible, a devotional message, some reflection questions, and a single verse to memorize or meditate upon. This devotional is intended to read from beginning to end within a year but also has both a topical and a scripture index so that the reader can jump to passages that pertain to his or her current life situation.

I found this book to be a very useful resource for personal Bible study. I am planning to continue reading this devotional for an entire year. When I finish studying the Gospels using this fantastic resource, I will keep it available on my shelf for reference. I enjoy reading and owning different Bible translations and this is my first experience with the New Living Translation of the Bible and I found it very easy to understand. If you have not experienced any of the Life Application Study Bible series, I suggest that you look into it. This is the best devotional I have tried.

I would like to thank Tyndale publishers for offering this book to me free of charge in exchange for my honest review.


Thanks for stopping by! Alicia
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...