Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Book Review: Patron Saints

Are you looking for a patron Saint? Do you have a child who will be celebrating Confirmation this year? Do you want to learn more about the saints of the Catholic Church? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you must get a copy of the book “Patron Saints” by Thomas J Craughwell. This book features hundreds of patron saints for almost any cause or interest that you can imagine. Each entry includes the feast day and interesting facts about the saint. The book is separated into chapters and covers 11 different domains including “Patron Saints for the family” and “Patron Saints for the Nations of the World”. The comprehensive list of saints and little known facts will keep any Catholic intrigued.

I started reading this book by scanning for interesting topics and reading about saints who pertained to my interests and circumstances. I then started reading the book from cover to cover and have learned a lot about the saints of the Church. I am planning on introducing some new saints to my boys who have not chosen a patron saint yet. I love how the book is laid out into chapters and then there are topics within the chapters. It makes it easy to read and also very user friendly. If I want to find the patron saint of dogs, I just turn to the chapter on animals and then cruise through the topics which are arranged in alphabetical order until I get to “dogs”. Very simple. Overall, this is the best book on saints that I have seen and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great reference book on patron saints.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Patron Saints. They are also a great source for a Catechism of the Catholic Church or a Catholic Bible.

Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...