Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Book Review: The Song of Unmaking

 

The second book in a three part series, “The Song of Unmaking” follows the trials and tribulations of four “Outlanders”, humans who have entered the realm of Karac Tor, who must use their special powers to fight against evil. With many easy-to-follow references to Biblical passages, this book is an interesting take on Religious Fiction.

I must admit that I am not a fantasy reader. This is a genre that I have never really had much experience with but I was interested to see what a Christian Fantasy book would look like. It took me a while to get into the story but once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the fact that the characters favored those of the Bible but the fantasy part of the story was not watered down to make room for the Christian part of the writing. It blended together seamlessly. Although I was informed that I would easily follow along with this book even though I never read the first book in the series, I disagree. There were many references to the first book that I did not understand and was left wondering. Overall, this book would be a great Christmas (or other) gift for a fantasy reader. The fact that it blends fantasy with Christianity makes it a great choice for a teenage son or daughter.

Check out Dean Brigg's site and enter his awesome contest all this month!!! He will be giving away a complete fantasy library and a Kindle Fire!!! I LOVE my Kindle!!
Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...