Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Review: Legacy of Love


I just finished reading Kimberly Hahn's newest installment in her Life-Nurturing Love series, "Legacy of Love: Biblical Wisdom for Parenting Teens". The series also includes, "Beloved and Blessed: Biblical Wisdom for Family Life", "Graced and Gifted: Biblical Wisdom for the Homemaker's HEart", and "Chosen and Cherished: Biblical Wisdom for your Mariage".  "Legacy of Love" is the second book in her Life-Nurturing Love series that I have had the priviledge of reading. This book takes mothers from the preteen years through the young adult years of parenting. Kimberly gives practical ideas for mothers-in-law to keep the peace in the family and to nurture the new family that our child will embark into.

I was impressed with this book. I have read a few of Kimberly Hahn's books before and also read reviews on some that I have not read and sometimes her books are repetative. She is passionate about her ideas and so she tends to revisit them often. This book was different. All of the information presented was fresh and inspiring. I really enjoyed reading how to help teenager through the turbulent years because I will soon have a teenager in my home. My oldest son is almost 12. The practical advice that Kimberly offered was easy to implement.

My faorite chapter is chapter 2, "Works of Mercy". I am always looking for practical ways to implement the Spiritual Works of Mercy and this chapter is jammed with them! For example, under the "Feed the Hungry" heading, she tells us to invite large families to dinner at our home because they are often left out. She also mentions that pizza parties and Super Bowl parties are ways that we can offer hospitality.

Overall, this book was a joy to read. I love the Hahn's and all that they are doing to draw people closer to the Catholic Church. Kimberly has really impressed me with "Legacy of Love" and I know I will be referring back to it in the future!




I just had to include this photo from the time I met the Hahn's in person! I was SO excited! Scott Hahn's Bible studies were the first I ever read as an RCIA student and then a Catholic. I was in RCIA when this photo was taken!

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Legacy of Love :Biblical Wisdom for Parenting Teen. They are also a great source for a Catechism of the Catholic Church or a Catholic Bible.
Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...