Sunday, October 16, 2011

All Saint's Day Plans


I have always thought that it was so cool that some Catholic parishes offer an All Saint's Day party for the children. Our parish has never done anything like that and I have decided it is time for a change. A gradual change...

This year I am the fourth grade REP teacher at my parish. I am really loving it! We have classes on Wednesday nights and the first class in November happens to be on Nov 2. I thought it would be fun to have a class celebration!

First I had the boys choose a Saint last Wednesday. Of couse almost all of them have swords, but whatever gets them interested, right? They will spend some time in class and home researching the Saint and learn the birth and death dates, feast day, and at least on interesting fact about the Saint. They will then create a poster (any size) about the Saint. On November 2, they will share about thier Saint and dress up as thier Saint.

I am planning to have some Saint party games I found online for my boys to play and I am thinking of having some Saintly snacks. If this works out as planned, next year I will push for a parish-wide celebration.... baby steps....

Finally I plan to get photos of the boys and post the posters and photos in the Narthex at the church for everyone to see. I will probably post something in the bulletin too. I am hoping to get everyone excited over the idea!

Stop by November 3 (or later) to see what we did!

Thanks for stopping by!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...