Sunday, September 4, 2011

Catholic ABC plaque


When I was preparing to start back to work at Head Start, I created this awesome $3 ABC plaque for my wall. I loved it so much that when I saw these Catholic ABC's, I wanted to create a Catholic set. I didn't know what I was going to do with them and I quickly set the idea on the backburner.

Well, I was perusing the church bulletin last week and noticed an ad looking for REP teachers. I have been feeling like God has been calling me to teach religion for a while but I never felt "ready" until now. I called and I am now officially a fourth grade REP teacher!

Even though my children will be well past learning thier ABC's, I think it would make a cute decoration for my classroom. I used the same technique as with the "regular" ABC plaques with the exception of the following:

I used the Catholic A-Z posters from "That Resource Site". I printed them as 3x5 sheets of photo paper and then cut them out, leaving the bottom part off.

I used some plaques that were on my wall in the kitchen before I created my plates (I haen't posted them yet!) I also found them in the Dollar Tree.

Here are the results- My Catholic Alphabet Craft:






Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

I am linking up to CatholicIcing's First Friday Link Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...