Wednesday, July 20, 2011

1 Peter 2:20



But what credit is there if you are patient when beaten for doing wrong? But if you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God

This weekend as I was preparing for Good Morning Girls Book Club/Bible Study, I came across

1 Peter 2:20. As I read it, my eyes began to burn with tears.

I thought, “How many times have I screamed to God said to myself ‘I am trying to be a good person, why do I have to suffer so?’ I have even had the audacity to say ‘If did something wrong, I wouldn’t complain so much’”

God stuck His finger in my face with this reading and said, “Hey, Alicia. Wake Up! You can receive more of my grace if you would just deal with it quietly”

This is the Biblical way of saying “Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!”

So, this Wednesday. I challenge myself- and you dear readers- to slip on those big girl panties and see how good God really is!

God Bless!
Alicia

P.S. Check back later this week for a link to my GRAND OPENING for my Preschool teacher blog!!

I am participating in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...