Monday, June 27, 2011

Book Review: Wanda Brunsetter's Amish Friends Cookbook: Desserts





When I saw the title to this book, I knew I had to review it. I am an “all things Amish” junkie. I have been since visiting Lancaster, PA on a field trip as a child. The book offers recipes for all of the well’known Amish desserts like boyfriend cookies and shoo-fly pie. There were also recipes for interesting desserts such as Ice Cream Jello and Honey Bun Cake.



I decided to test out the recipe for Honey Bun Cake. My husband and children love honey buns so it seemed like a good choice. I baked the cake following the directions exactly. The cake turned out smelling and looking wonderful. I allowed my family to give their opinions on the taste. My boys thought that the cake was delicious. My husband and I were disappointed that it was not as sweet as we expected. I think that it could be remedied by making a double batch of glaze.

The recipes in the book are all written in easy to understand terms. Some of them are very simple and none of them look extremely difficult. I would love to check out Wanda Brunstetter’s other Amish cookbooks after sampling this one. Thank you to Barbour Publishing, Inc for offering this book to me free of charge through netgalley!


Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...