I am ready for my kids to get out of school for the summer! I am off already and I am now rested enough to start the Summer fun!!
When I think of summer, I think of bright colors, warm water, and flip flops! Here is my flip flop inspired craft:
"Walk With Jesus" Tutorial
What you need:
construction paper or cardstock
What to do:
1. On construction paper or cardstock, have your child or you trace around your child's foot with or without shoes on. (I traced my son's shoe)
2. Cut out (or have your child cut if he/she is old enough) the foot shape. Glue it to scrapbook paper (if desired. This makes the flip flop a little stronger and allows you to cover any mistakes. Now cut around shape again.
3. Using hole puncher, punch one hole closer to the side of the flip flop where the big toe would go. Then punch two more holes DIRECTLY across from one another further down.
4. Fold your pipe cleaner in half and thread the center through the top hole. Twist the pipe cleaner on the back of the shoe a bit and then fold down.
5. Now you will thread the two remaining ends of the pipe cleaner into the other two holes. Turn flip flop over and again twist ends and then fold down so that they stay secure. You may want to use a little tape on the back to hold the ends.