Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Baby Blankets

I have been talking about these baby blankets for quite a while. Well, I finally finished them and donated 13 blankets to ABC Women's Clinic. You may wonder why I am so dedicated to donating to the clinic. I have donated 100 baby themeed cards to them in the past and now I am donating blankets. What's up with that? Well, the ABC Women's Clinic made the difference in my life from believing in God and becoming a Christian.
I was always sure that God and Jesus existed. I never really "knew" God and surely didn't know him as a close friend. After sessions with my counselor at ABC Clinic, I wanted that relationship so bad that it hurt. I first visited the clinic because, at the time, they offered free maternity and baby clothes. I was unexpectedly pregnant with my third son and was running into a problem finding pants to fit my growing body. I walked into the clinic, afraid and unsure. After weeks of attending the "Earn While You Learn" program, I discovered who God was and what He wanted from me. A relationship. I also earned a lot of clothing and accessories for my son! Only 16 months after my son's birth, on Easter,  I was Baptised and became a "real" Christian! What a wonderful day!
So, now you know why I love the Clinic so very much. Now I shall show you pictures of the blankets! Here they are:














Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...