Tuesday, December 7, 2010

St. Nicholas Day!

Yesterday was the Feast of Saint Nicholas, patron saint of children! To celebrate, I created these adorable St. Nick pops. I used the idea featured at the Saint Nicholas Center to create St. Nicholas from Santa. I love that it reinforces that Santa IS real through the spirit (and intercession) of Saint Nicholas.

Saint Nicholas Pops

I started out with these cute chocolate pops from the Dollar Tree



I used fun foam to create a mitre that wraps around the head. I used a glue dot to attach the two flaps. Using a gold pipe cleaner (also from Dollar Tree), I created the cross and the crozier. I used a glue dot to attach the cross to the miter and some ribbon to attach the crozier to my pop.


Thanks for stopping by! Alicia I am participating in:
Catholic Icing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...