Monday, December 6, 2010

Painted Advent Candles

I promised to post these a little while ago and then it totally slipped my mind! I originally saw this technique on my favorite All-Things-Catholic-Kids blog, Catholic Icing! The mastermind of the blog, Lacy, showcased painting candles with crayons!
I decided to give it a go and I was AMAZED at how simple it is! I don't have a griddle pan so I went with the old-fashioned double boiler method. I put my crayons in an old glass candle jar and placed it in a pan of boiling water. I stirred it until the crayon wax melted and used a cheap paintbrush to paint it on. My candles are kind of bumpy so I started at the top and painted a stripe down. I dipped it, then painted another stripe. I did this all the way around and then turned it over and painted anywhere that I missed. I finished by painting the top of the candle. I think they turned out FABULOUS! What do you think?


Thanks for stopping by! Alicia I am participating in:
Catholic Icing
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

1 comment:

  1. Mastermind, huh? Lol!!! Man, you should meet me in real life and see how incapable I actually am. Anyway, great candles! Love them! Mine are burning beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...