Monday, December 13, 2010

Homemade Gifts: Name Frame


Are you looking for an easy, inexpensive homemade gift? Well, look no further!
My name frames are very easy and all you need is some scrapbook paper, cardstock, and a home computer or letter cutting machine! Oh, and a Dollar Tree picture frame!

Name Frame Tutorial

1.  First you need a plan. My personal favorite frames are the ones that do not actually have a name, but a quote. This can be a famous quote, one from the Bible, or something cute you find online. If you plan on placing a quote, type and print it out on cardstock. If you choose to cut the letters of a name, choose a cardstock color and cut the letters out now.

2. Next, you'll want to add a picture of some sort. I used stamped images that I hand colored but you can use something you print from Google Images or somewhere similar. Depending on the size of your frame, you may need to play with sizes to get it just right. Cut out your image and mat it with cardstock. This means to glue it to a piece of cardstock about 1/4 in larger on all sides. I ussually glue it first and then use my scissors to "eyeball" it.

3. Next it is assembly time! All you need to do now is cut your patterned paper to the size of your frame. Attach your name or quote and then your picture to the layout that you like most. Place this in your frame and enjoy!!

It is just that simple and I know that you will LOVE the results!




Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

I am participating in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...