Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gotta Love Frapp Bottles!!

Have you ever waited until the last minute to make teacher gifts?? Well, I end up doing it every year! This year I was SURE that I was going to find something online or just think of something cool in plenty of time to make for my kids' teachers.... it didn't happen. So, last Saturday, I was at my mom's house when I noticed her collection of Starbucks Frappacinno bottles was sitting on her porch waiting to go to storage. See, she has been saving them for me to decorate. I think they are SO cute and never thought to make these this year. Oh, and did I mention that they are SUPER easy??

Covered Frapp Bottle Tutorial


I did everything by eyeball. I first decorated some white cardstock with a peppermint candy stamp and red ink. You can use patterned paper for a simpler decoration. I cut this into strip about 2 inches wide and ... about 9 inches long- but measure yours before you cut! It may be different!

I then cut my coordinating cardstock (green) about 2 1/2 inches by 9 inches.I glued the green cardstock onto my bottle first, then added the patterned paper.

Next I used the same stamp and a "Merry Christmas" stamp and my scalloped circle cutter to create the tag. Usually I attach my tag with ribbon but decided to try out the pipe cleaner squiggles I saw here. I threaded my tags onto the squiggles and thought it was cute.

Finally I filled the bottles with Starlight Mints and topped them with my free Pocket Wishes that I won online! I love those little tokens. They are really cute and a great way to say "Thank You!".


Some Tips:
  •  I suggest that you use a wrapped candy to fill your bottle. I am a teacher and I am always a little leery of eating unwrapped foods, as are my coworkers
  • Check out Lizard and Ladybug's etched glass frapp bottle for a little different take on the same idea!
  • I used some scotch tape to secure the patterned paper over the solid cardstock
  • Have fun and send me a link if you make one! 

Thanks for stopping by!
 Alicia


 I am participating in:


Photobucket

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...