Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Away in the Manger


Hello! I am so excited that Advent has begun! Today I wanted to share another great yard sale find! I was perusing yard sales one weekend and I knew I HAD to have this as soon as I set eyes upon it. I paid $3 for it even though I would probably have paid even more. I am not sure what the original owner used it for but I knew this would be the perfect manger for my baby Jesus this year!

My plan is to focus on "little things" this Advent. We are going to place a piece of "hay" in the manger every time we do a "little thing" for Jesus. This can be anything from an extra prayer to simply keeping quiet when we want to say something mean. I hope that this activity will help my children and I focus on sacrificing the "bad" things for the good  and getting closer to Jesus. By the end of Advent, I hope there is enough hay that baby Jesus can sleep comfortably on Christmas morning!

Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

I am participating in:

Catholic Icing Advent Linky Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...