Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Warm Fall Meal: Pasta Fagioli

While deciding on my Fall posts for October, I started to think about what I love the most about Fall. One of those things is the warm comfort foods. I recently aquired (and then tweeked) this recipe for my favorite fall dish, Pasta Fagioli. It took a while to get the recipe because I never knew the correct name for it. I thought it was "Pasta Pazoole". The pronunciation is similar but the spelling is completely different. I then took the recipe on the noodle bag, my moms recollection, and my cousin's version to morf together and create this delicious dish!



Pasta Fagioli

Ingrediants:
1 c chooped onions
1tbsp minced garlic
1lb ground beef
1lb Ditalini noodles
1 container beef broth
1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans
salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste

Sautee onions and garlic in butter. Add raw ground meat and brown. Drain (do not rinse). Return to pot and add Italian seasoning, beef broth, kidney beans, and tomatoes. Bring to boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. Remove lid, return to boil and add uncooked pasta, salt, and pepper. Boil for 10 minutes until al dente, adding small amounts of water if needed. (mine wasn't as "wet" as I wanted it the first time)

Hope you like!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...