Saturday, October 9, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness


Good Morning! Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? I thought it would be really cool to create some breast cancer awareness prayer cards for my friends at church. We are all a part of a group called CCW- Council of Catholic Women. Our parish CCW includes a few breast cancer survivors. I think that is really inspiring because these are such beautiful women! I feel like they deserve a tribute and that we should pray for all of those women who are currently fighting breast cancer (and all other cancers)

On the front of the cards, I stamped "BELLA" with black Stazon ink on white cardstock. I then stamped it on pink patterned paper. I cut out the dress pieces from the patterned paper, colored my image, and then adhered the dress pieces to it using my "Little X" sticker maker. I then printed out the Breast Cancer Prayer and cut to size. I adhered the front to the back and then laminated the cards for durability. Because I used 3 layers of cardstock, the laminate did not want to stick. Be sure to run the laminator on SLOW when you do yours!

FRONT


BACK


This post is dedicated to my Aunt Cindy who passed from cancer and my Aunt Gloria who is currently battling cancer.

Have a great day!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...