Monday, October 18, 2010

Toy Story Birthday and Alien Cupcakes

My beautiful son turned 7 years old on October 16! We had a family party and used a Toy Story 3 theme. Toy Story is one of my favorite movies and I was excited to see that Toy Story themed items are cheap and easy to find with the impending Toy Story 3 DVDs coming out in early November. I thought that these Alien cupcakes featured in Family Fun Magazine would also be great for Halloween.
I used this "Green Velvet Cupcakes" recipe to create some scrum-ditily-umptious alien cupcakes. I frosted them with some store bought cream cheese icing tinted with lime green food coloring. I opted out of the extras because I couldn't find the stuff in the store and they looked just as good without it.

I used the tin foil cupcake liners and some green icing coloring by Wilton I found at Wal-Mart

Photobucket
I decorated them with the black icing gel and mentos and arranged them on my lazy susan covered in tin foil

Photobucket
I added some army guys to make it look like the Toy Story movies.

Photobucket
tell me this doesn't look delicious! I hope you enjoyed this little taste of yummy-ness!

Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

I am participating in:

linkparty



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...