Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independance Day!


We went to the fireworks last night. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it. As I watched the show, I almost grrew teary eyed just imagining what it was like for people such as Francis Scott Key who wrote the Star Spangled Banner. "O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there." I could see the rockets and the bomb fire and feel the pride of knowing that we were going to win the war!

Today we wore our Immaculate Heart of Mary t-shirts. They turned out pretty awesome! I let the boys dye thier own shirts and they did a fantastic job. The Immaculate Heart of Mary is the "Patron Saint" of the state of Georgia, where we reside. With the help of the creative blogger, Lacy of Catholic Icing, I used some grey fabric paint to make the sword and I left off the flowers. We also used the colors red white and blue to, of course, represent the colors of the American Flag. What a wonderful way to incorporate our Catholic faith with patriotism.


I submitted my shirt craft for Made by You Monday!


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my four days of Independance Day!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...