Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Homeschool Wannabe

I really really really wish that I could homeschool my children! I have a few books about homeschooling and tons of blogs and websites dedicated to homeschooling in my "favorites" file. I completely understand the benefits and the struggles. I want to be a homeschooling mom. But I can't....
Because of our circumstances, it would be completely IMPOSSIBLE to homeschool my boys. I am looking for ways to be at home but I really cannot see a way. I have plans to go back to college and get my BA in psychology. I would like to work from home teaching parents of children with emotional disorders and helping the children who are suffering. This is my big dream. If I can do that, then I think that I could also homeschool  by setting my working schedule for evenings.

Why would I want to homeschool?
I would want to homeschool because, as my oldest son progresses through school, I am seeing that the schools are not teaching these kids what they need to learn! Basic organizational skills are not taught. Handwriting/ Composition is now called "Occupational Therapy" and considered a "special need". God is no longer allowed within the walls of a school. If I must teach these fundamental skills at home, why not teach reading, writing, and arithmatic too?

Am I qualified to homeschool?
After dealing with some of my children's teachers, I feel I am more than qualified to homeschool. A parent is always a child's first teacher and best teacher. As a parent, I know my children better than anyone else. I know what they can and cannot handle. I know the speed in which they learn.

As you can see, I have been really thinking hard about how I can become a homeschooling mom. I will continue to seek out a way to take control of my children's education.

Have a great day!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...