Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Healthy~N~Frugal Personal Pizzas

Today the boys and I fixed up some culinary masterpieces! I have been buying Nature's Own sandwich rounds from the Dollar Tree for a while. The kids love that they are round and flat and I love that they are whole grain (and only $1!). I had this epiphany while trying to think of what to serve the kids that was different. Here is the recipe we came up with:

Ingrediants:

Sandwich rounds (any brand is fine)
Mini Pepperoni pieces (these individual packs were on sale and cheaper per unit than the reg kind!)
Shredded cheese (we used cheddar because that's what I had)
Pizza Sauce (I used Kroger brand) or Spaghetti sauce

Assemble! Separate rounds and place on pan (I put wax paper underneath for easy cleanup in case we spilled some cheese). Using spoon, spread about 2tbsp sauce on each round. Then, sprinkle cheese on rounds and add pepperoni.

Bake! Place pan in oven set on "Broil" or in your broiler for about 5-7 minutes or until your cheese is melted.

Done! Yummy personal pizzas!


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...