Saturday, July 24, 2010

I know it has been quiet...

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I had some tummy troubles and found out the I had an intestinal parasite! Yuck! I go back to work on Tuesday and I think I am looking forward to it. Lol. I say "think" because I really love being home with my kids but I have gotten bored with all of the things I love to do. It will be nice to have a change of pace and also to get to know and grow more children!
I love my job because I often feel like I am getting paid to do volunteer work. I work with three and four year olds through the Head Start program. We teach low income children many of the skills that they may be lacking from being impoverished. A lot of people critisize the program because the chldren do not learn as much "book knowledge" but often the children need more than that before they begin. Humans were created to learn certain things before others. Many people know that you almost always have to crawl before you walk. Well, some of our children must learn to use a fork before he can learn the alphabet. They must learn to use words instead of hitting before they can learn shapes and colors. Often we have children with undiagnosed special needs. Some children are diagnosed with special needs that some love and care have cured! Still others have parents who may need to learn from our program before the child can learn. We also get very regular parents and children, some extraordinary parents and children, and also some parents and c children that stay in our hearts forever.
I love every child who passes through our doors, even if they are not in my class. I often think of those who are going through difficult times and I pray for them. I use my profession as a way to "try" to be Jesus to the families. I know I fall short but I still try. That's the most important part!
Love and Blessings!!!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...