Friday, June 11, 2010

Saving Money and Stewardship

The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half: The Strategic Shopping Method Proven to Slash Food and Drugstore CostsI told you that I have been contemplating what I felt like God has been trying to tell me lately. Well, one day last week it hit me.
No one that I know has connected the world of frugal living with the Catholic concept of Stewardship. I read a book recently by "The Coupon Mom", Stephanie Nelson. In her book, she has a chapter dedicated to using your grocery shopping prowess to benefit charities. I didn't get this idea when I read the book, though.
I started thinking about the impact of saving money on our Christian Stewardship. This needs to be confronted in our Church during times other than Lent and I think it needs a new approach. Who doesn't love to save money? Who wouldn't want to help others if it were easy and economically possible?
I have arranged a simple, straightforward 30 minute demonstration explaining where to find coupons and good deals, comparing store brands and name brands, and how to save money on non-food items.
I am planning to call different stores and create a booklet full of information so that the audience has less foot work to do. I don't feel that people will implement an idea if it's not easy to do.
I would love to know your opinion on my idea. Feel free to share resources and ideas!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...