Thursday, April 15, 2010

Exciting News!

I have some very exciting news that I learned today! Our city is now offering mainstream recycling! The first pick up will be on Earth Day! I am SO happy!
My patron Saint that I chose for Confirmation 3 short years ago is Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha. She is the patron of ecology. I chose her as my saint because we have much in common. Her and I both are part Iriquois Indian. We both have very bad vision (mine is corrected by lenses). She saw God in the Earth and I do too. She is the patroness of ecology, I am an Earth lover!
I admit that I am not the best "tree hugger" even though I do think that recycling is the way to go. I am hoping that having the recycling available in my front yard will encourage me to be more eco-conscious. With this program I can recycle:
newspaper
magazines
phone books
catalogues
cardboard boxes
food boxes
shoe boxes
office paper
junk mail
aluminum cans
steel or tin cans
#1 and #2 plastics

All I have to do is have them packed in a black trash bag and sitting by the road on Thursdays! YAY!

Thanks for stopping by! The week of Earth Day, we will be doing some fun activities so check back!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...