Sunday, April 11, 2010

Divine Mercy Sunday



Today is Divine Mercy Sunday in the Catholic Church. On this day, we celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation . Reminders of our Baptism come forth. What a perfect day to make these adorable mini bird nests!



Eggs are a long-time symbol of fertility and new life. We recieve new life in the Church in two ways- Baptism and Reconciliation. Nests keep the eggs safe from enemies. Who is our nest? Jesus Christ.



Here are the nests my boys and I made:

The recipe we used came from the Betty Crocker website. I altered it a little. First, we used the amounts of chocolate chips and butterscotch chips it called for but we used 3 cups of Fiber One. We also melted everything in the microwave. I put the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a microwavable bowl and microwaved them for 30 seconds, stirred, and repeated until completely melted.
Hope you enjoyed! Let me know if you make some nests this Easter Season! Feel free to comment!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...