Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stations of the Cross Bingo

I've been slacking with my posts. We made this on Friday evening and the kids really enjoyed it.
WHAT WE USED:
We used Stations of the Cross stickers that I found at *gasp* Dollar Tree!!

It is my favorite store anyway and this was a great find! I printed a blank Bingo card with "CROSS" across the top from http://www.dltk-cards.com/bingo/ and I let the kids stick one sticker in each square and decorate with markers. We ended up with two free spaces each. I used little crosses that came in a confetti pack from Hobby Lobby (not pictured because it kept coming out fuzzy) as Bingo markers. I ended up also numbering the stickers because it's hard to distinguish some of the pictures.

I stuck stickers on squares of cardstock to be used as call cards and I wrote the number of the Station and description on the back.

HOW TO PLAY:
Mix up the call cards. Choose one call card at a time and call out the number of the Station and rad the description to the children. Allow them time to find the appropriate Station on their bingo cards and place a marker over it. When someone gets 4 in a row, he/she calls BINGO! I continue until all Stations have been called and everyone fills his/her card.

WHAT THEY LEARN:
The children will learn the Stations of the Cross/ Events that led to Jesus' Death. They also learn number identification and one-to-one correspondance.

Hope you enjoy! I plan to add more fun activities soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...