Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Book Review: Midnight in Aisle 7





Midnight in Aisle 7 by Jay Lowder presents itself as a book of stories about how God has placed His hand upon people and the impact it has made on their lives. After reading the book, though, I think it is more of a book about how He has touched the life of Jay Lowder.

Lowder has been through it all. He suffered from depression as a teen and has been into the party scene. He is no stranger to adversity but presents a story of a man who wants to share the love he found in Jesus with the rest of the world. He meets people in his everyday life and listens to the urge of Jesus to takes the opportunity to get to know them. In the end, the person is not only touched because of the message of love and salvation that Jay offers them through Jesus, but he is also touched by their lives.

As I mentioned previously, I was expecting almost a “Chicken Soup” sort of book when I agreed to read and review this book. I was a little disappointed when I began reading the book but soon found myself embraced by the stories and I couldn’t put the book down. I find it amazing that one man has so many stories to share but I can see that he listened to the urgings of the Holy Spirit to step out and make a move countless times. This book is not as warm and fuzzy as most books of this nature. It will make you laugh, cry, and gasp at times because Lowder is writing about real life. This book is very inspiring and makes me want to take more time to listen to the Holy Spirit’s promptings in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...