Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Review: A Catholic Christmas


I know what you are probably thinking while reading the title of this post. You are wondering what took so long for me to write a review on a Christmas book! Well, Christmas only ended a few weeks ago! This easy-to-understand book by Kathleen M Carroll has information about Saints from Advent throughout the Christmas Season. Each chapter focuses on one Saint whose feast day occurs during the Advent/Christmas Season.

I enjoyed this little pocket-sized book. My favorite part about this book was it's size. It was easy to keep in my purse and pull out while waiting at the doctor's office or while relaxing before bed. The chapters are not long and are chock full of interesting facts about the saints. This book could be used as a mini devotional or it could be used as I did- as a refresher throughout the Advent season. It gave me some spiritual medicine in-between Sundays. This helped me to keep my heart and my mind focused on the real reason for the season- Jesus! I recommend that you put this book on next year's Christmas gift list. It would be a perfect gift along with a small Bible or Rosary and possibly even a cup of hot cocoa mix!


This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on A Catholic Christmas. They are also a great source for a Catechism of the Catholic Church or a Catholic Bible.

Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...