Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yard Sale Bargains!!

My mom and I were out this morning running a few errands when I remembered that my co-worker mentioned that her church would be holding a yard sale this morning to raise money for Operation Christmas Child. I am a huge supporter of OCC and also a huge fan of yard sales so I knew it would be a win-win situation! Anyway, I mentioned it to my mom and we decided to swing by and see what we would find. Well, first we went to the wrong yard sale. They were selling TRASH. Then we made our way back and stopped at another sale. We hit a small jackpot there.

I found a few things on the $1 table and some things in the 50 cent bin for a total of $4 spent. Here's what I got there:
  • a half of a football shaped cake pan (still works for a flat bottom cake!)
  • a sylicone bundt pan
  • a football shaped chip bowl
  • a football themed curtain
  • a backpack full of army guys (not pictured, oops!)
  • a CD holder thing that holds the cases too
The football shaped things are for Jacob's upcoming football themed party! I think it is going to turn out GREAT on the cheap! (Look for it in an upcoming post!)

Finally we figured out where the yard sale we were supposed to go to was and I racked up! I aimed to spend $7 because that's how much it costs to ship a OCC shoebox. Here is what I got:
  • 3 "Life of Jesus" flash card resource packets. The flash cards are 8x10 and will be great for my REP class!
  • 1 Old Testament reproducible book
  • Alabaster's Song: Christmas Through the Eyes of an Angel by Max Lucado
  • Jello Recipe Book
  • A double "Murder She Wrote" book
  • A Homeschooling book (I am a total Wannabe!)
  • 2 little metal buckets
  • A caterpillar toy for when I do "The Very hungry Caterpillar" with my class
  • A teachers daily word book
  • A little monkey in a circus wagon. It was too cute for 25 cents, I had to buy it!
My mom also got a Hershey Kiss shaped candy dish and an electric stapler for 75cents. To top off our $7 donation, we bought 2 chocolate chip cookies!

So, for $11, I got a bunch of useful items! I am really excited! We need to go yard-saling more often!!

P.S. I am ADDICTED to Pinterest! I am so addicted that I think I am going to set a goal to complete one Pinterest Project per week! I should be posting more often so please keep checking back!!
Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...