Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Reflections: Throw your nets to the other side....

Jesus said to them, "Children, have you caught anything to eat?" They answered him, "No." So He said to them, "cast your net to the right side of the boat and you will find something." So they cast it and were not able to pull it in because of the number of fish.
-John 21:5-6




Today I just wanted to talk about a scripture verse that stuck with me. While studying with "Good Morning Girls", I was reading John 21:4-14 yesterday. The part that really struck me was when the disciples listened to Jesus, they were not just blessed with thier next meal, they were blessed with enough to feast upon and to share with others.

How often do we recieve abundant blessings when we do as Christ instructs us? EVERY time! How often do we share them? Well.... that's a little harder to answer, isn't it? I know that I do not share my blessings nearly enough. When I get extra money, I tend to buy things I have been wanting for a long time. Instead, I should be giving some of it to charity, to my church, or to the church building fund.

How often to we actually listen to God? Another tough question. I often catch myself saying to God, "But... I don't want to... I don't like it... it's not fun...choose someone else..." Do you hear yourself saying these things? If we would do the things God is asking of us, we would not only be doing God's will, we would also recieve ABUNDANT blessings!

FUN FACT: Did you know that the fish that Peter caught were Talapia?

I am really enjoying this Bible Study and Book Club at Good Morning Girls. If you are interested, it is never too late to join in! It has been a true blessing in my life in the past three weeks and I know that it would be for you too.

God Bless!
Alicia

I am participating in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...