Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Book Review: Money Secrets of the Amish

Money Secrets of the Amish: Finding True Abundance in Simplicity, Sharing, and Saving
I just finished reading "Money Secrets of the Amish" by Lorilee Craker. It is a non-fiction book chock full of money saving advice. The author visits an Amish community in hopes of gleaning some ideas for surviving the Recession. She came home with tips for saving hundreds of dollars per year!

I was very interested in this book because I have been reading many books about the Amish in hopes of capturing some of thier simplicity in my own life. If you are a newbie to the frugal living bandwagon, this book is for you! On the other hand, if you have been living the frugal life for a while, this book is probably not a good choice.

What I liked about the book:

1. It is written in a very friendly format. It is like your best friend is talking to you and sharing her knowledge with you.

2. The ideas are easy to implement. She doesn't offer outlandish ways to save money, the ideas are all things that everyone can do.

3. There are practical applications at the end of each section. You know I LOVE practical applications!

Things I didn't like about the book:

1. The author said some things about the Amish in jest that I did not think was funny. I felt that she was a little offensive.

2. The ideas are for those who have no clue about frugal living. Those of us who are experienced in this area will not glean much from the book.


Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

Thank you to Book Sneeze for offering this book to me free of charge!
I review for BookSneeze®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...