Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Reading Incentives!! {FREE PRINTABLE}

I LOVE to read. I think my middle son has started to love reading now that he can read on his own. My other two boys couldn't care less about whether they read or not. I really want to make summer reading a priority. I came up with this cute incentive chart idea that I hope you will like!

I started with some scraps of cardstock in coordinating colors. I used one piece for my base. It is about 4 inches by 10 inches. Using my Cuttle Kids, I cut out some little critters to decorate the chart. I also cut the words "I TO READ" and then cut my son's pictures in the shape of a heart. I assembled it so it says I {heart} TO READ and then added the critters to the bottom.

Flip the chart over and decorate. I used a piece of Stampin Up border sticker and a scalloped circle decorated with another critter piece. I then matted my "incentive Chart" and glued it on.

Now, to laminate the chart.... I used PACKING TAPE! Yes, on small projects, instead of spending the time to go to the local school resource center for laminating, I use packing tape.

I added a hole to the top and threaded some ribbon through to create an oversized bookmark. The boys will stick a sticker on one of the squares each time they read a book. Every so often, there is a very simple and inexpensive incentive to earn. Our library also has a Summer Reading Program so that is where "Library Prize" comes in.

I hope you enjoy this idea and give it a try with our children. It can also be modified for other things such as Bible reading.

HERE is the FREE Printable Incentive chart!


Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

First Friday Link Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...