Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Communion Cards and Update

I know I keep saying that I will post more often and then it seems like I get lost somewhere... well, I have actually been crafting- I ran out of adhesive twice! I made 12 baby blankets and have one more to finish by Sunday. I think after that, I will start on some blankets for Christmas to my children in my class next school term. I usually have 17 or 18 so I need to start now!

I have also been working on cards. I have been so "out of it" that I haven't been keeping up with my stash and it is low! I also haven't been mailing as many as I like. I made several cards size 5x7 instead of the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I have a million 5x7 envelopes that need to get used up. I also found out that I enjoy making the larger cards more. I think it's because I can use more patterned paper! I challenged myself to use up a lot of the scraps in my scrap box and I have been having a ball with it! I used 4 patterns on one card!!

The cards I have to show you today are not patterned paper combos but they are all made from scrap papers. Every year, I make cards for the First Communion class at my church. This year there are 7 girls! In the past few years there has only been 1 girl in each First Communion class! Now my younger boys will have a choice of Catholic girls to date when they are older! :)

As I went to my pictures to upload them, I realized that I didn't take any pictures of my boy cards!! There are 4 boys receiving First Holy Communion this year. hmmm..... well, They are similar to the girl cards except I used a black background patterned paper with colorful crosses on it and bright blue paper to mat the "I am a child of God" image. The image comes from my very favorite retired Stampin' Up! stamp set, "Child of God".

Here are the cards I made for the girls:








Thanks for stopping by! Alicia

I am linking to:
First Friday Link Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...