Saturday, January 15, 2011

Candy Bar Cake

Before I post the latest idea, I want to let you know that I have been slacking on posts this month because I have been VERY busy. My assistant teacher is on leave and I have been super busy at work. Also, my computewr went nuts and I ended up restoring it to factory settings... Please know that I have a BUNCH of Valentine's posts already started and that you will see me much more often as we prepare for the fun holidays of early Spring!



On our last day of work before Christmas Break, my coworker and her husband delivered a beautiful and delicious cake! The recipe was left behind so that we could make a copy and bake one ourselves. Well, my mom and I had decided that we would have Christmas at her house after the kids and I attended Children's Mass on Christmas Eve. I was in charge of our famous potato salad and dessert.

I decided to use the Candy Bar Cake Recipe and, of course, tweak it a bit. I wanted something a little more festive so I substituted 10 1.5 ounce chocolate bars with a bag of Hershey' Candy Cane Kisses. Here is the recipe with the tweaks:

Candy Bar Cake

Ingredients:

1 package of German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
1c powdered sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 (10oz) bag Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (or 10 of your fav candy bars!)
1 (12oz) container cool whip
candy canes, crushed, for garnish

Instructions:

Prepare cake batter according to directions. Divide evenly between  3 greased and floured 8in round cake pans.

Bake at 325* for 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.

Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.

Chop candy bars finely and fold them and cream cheese mixture cool whip.

Spread icing between layers and on top and sides of cake. crush candy canes and sprinkle over cake and press along bottom edge of cake.


Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

I am participating in:

3 comments:

  1. My family has made a version of this for many years, and it is always a hit! Your cake looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such Yumminesssssss!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...