Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Cookies!


For years and years, as long as I can remember, my mom and I have been making spritz cookies using her "Wear Ever Super Shooter". She has had it forEVER! Well, one year, after Christmas, I saw a Wilton Cookie Press for about $6 on clearance and I grabbed it. I was worried that the Super Shooter would soon bite the dust. Year after year, the Super Shooter has come out about a week before Christmas to make up some yummy treats then retreated back into the original box. It has yet to die on us. I'm talking 25+ years!

Well, this year my mom is under the weather so I decided that I would finally crack open my cookie press and attempt to do the job of the ol' faithful Super Shooter. My youngest son and I mixed up a new batter I found in a cookbook. I added some green food coloring and we used the tree and circle shaped tips and got to work. The cookies turned out beautifully and I cannot wait to share some with my mom! I feel sorry for the old Super Shooter because I actually found the sumple press to be less messy and more precise. The Super Shooter will always hold a special place in my heart!

Here's what Old Faithful looks like:
And his replacement:


The recipe (with my little tweaks added):

2c butter (I used butter flavored Crisco)
2c sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
6c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
colored sugar (we made our own using food coloring and sugar)
green food coloring (I used Wilton icing coloring)
In very large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine flour and baking powder then gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. I then added my green food coloring until I got desired color. Also, if you are using a handheld mixer, be careful! I almost burnt mine up!

Using cookie press fitted with tree or circle disk, press dough 2in apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with sugar. Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.

ENjOY!
Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia
I am participating in:

HollyBloggyButton1


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...