Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reflection: What is modesty?

I have always considered myself a pretty modest woman. When going through the list of virtues, I have always mentally "checked off" modesty. Now, as I blog hop and read, I learn that, maybe, I need to re-evaluate....

As I read through the information that I found online (listed below), I learned that there are varying levels of modest dress. There is the covering of certain body parts (think chest and legs) irreguardless of whether they are pants or dresses, then there are some women who consider it immodest to show the shoulder or to wear anything but dresses. Still other women cover thier arms with 3/4 length sleeves. I think I would like to see myself in the first group in the near future. Maybe I can build my wardrobe to even greater modesty as I gain more understanding of (and get used to) modest dress.

What I cannot seem to find is information helping me to put together fashionable modest outfits. I know that there are such things. I think that, as I learn more, I will try to compile some information for other Catholic/ Christian women who are interested in adding some modesty to thier wardrobes.

Here are some links to great information about Modesty:
Catholic.org search
Pondered in my Heart
Castle of the Immaculate


Have a great day! God Bless!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...