Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Patrick's Shamrocks

I have totally fallen in love with the blog, Catholic Icing! The ideas shown are always awesome! The author, Lacy, scours the internet in search of ideas and then presents them all in one place and organized. I saw this post and thought that the boys would really enjoy making a Trinity Shamrock of thier own.
I bought some craft foam at Dollar Tree (my all time favorite store!) and I used a printable Shamrock pattern from Preschool Express (just go to "Pattern Station" and she has a little of everything) I also "googled" St. Patrick images and printed one out for each of the boys. I hand cut the heart, cross, and dove (yeah, that's supposed to be a dove. lol) and then the boys glued it all together and added some glitter glue to decorate. They LOVE glitter!
While the boys worked, I told them all about St.Patrick and the concept of the Trinity and the shamrock. We had fun and the boys learned something.
Here are thier works of art:

(Antonio's is on the left, Jacob's is on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...