Monday, August 27, 2012

Book review: Mother of Pearl





“Mother of Pearl: luminous lessons and iridescent faith” is a compilation book of stories about mothers and the important role that they play in the life of a woman. The stories presented in the book are meant to inspire readers and encourage further meditation on the importance of motherhood.
I expected this book to be somewhat like the “Chicken Soup” series. I wanted to laugh and cry and to see the Lord’s fingerprints within the pages of the book. This book did not quite meet my expectations. The stories were nice and some were heartwarming, but as a whole, I was a little disappointed. I think that readers may want to consider this as a gift book for Mother’s Day or a book to keep in the car for waiting times but I do not think it is one that I would purchase to read from cover to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...