Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book Review: The Blessing




I just finished reading "The Blessing" by John Trent and Gary Smalley. Little did I realize that this book is actually a reprint of a 25 year old book. The subject matter is just as applicable today as it was back then. The book covers the what, why, and how of blessing your children. It also gives practical advise to those who may not have ever recieved a blessing from thier parents. The entire book is packed with links to the book’s website and at the end, parents are challenged to change the life of one child. There are even challenges for churches and young adults.


I am glad that the authors decided to reprint this book! I have been blessed just by reading it. I am in the midst of writing blessings for my own children and plan to share them with them on their baptism anniversary in two months. I think that all parents should consider the implications of blessing and cursing our children. This book made so much sense to me and I just hope that you consider picking up a copy!

Want to check out the challenge website?

The Blessing Website



Thank you to the publisher and Booksneeze for offering this book to me free of charge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...