Thursday, June 16, 2011

My $1 Rosette Purse

Yes, you read it right, I have a Rosette Purse that cost me $1 out of pocket! Recently I saw a woman with a cute white purse with rosettes on it. I doubt I would have noticed it except I have been seeing rosettes online EVERYWHERE! Well, the sight of the purse made me think of this brand new white purse I bought at Wal-Mart for $1 over the winter.

Now, I needed some rosettes. I perused the internet for instructions and found none that involved hot glue. I wasn't going to give up that easily. I pulled out my hot glue gun and a cute scarf I got for free a few months ago. I cut the scarf into strips about 3 inches wide and got to work.

I started with a dab of hot glue on the end and I squished the fabric together to form a starting place. Then I twisted the fabric loosely and wrapped it around my starting place using tiny dabs of hot glue every inch or so. After my rosette was about 2 inches in diameter, I glued it onto my purse before I continued. I continued to wrap and glue and twist until it was the size I wanted.

I then cut off my fabric piece and glued the end under my rosette. After that, I repeated these steps to create 3 more rosettes.
One glue stick and two burnt fingers later, I had this cheery summer purse that cost me $1!


Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...