Monday, February 21, 2011

Making Easter from Valentine's Day

Today I wanted to show you a little something I did. I spotted a ton of Valentine's Day items on clearance for 75% off at Wal-Mart the other day. I picked up a few things in hopes that I could either use them for something else or save them for next year.

One of the things that caught my eye were some adorable little heart shaped jumpy-things. You know, the things that you push one end and they hop across the table? I had to get them for a steal of 25 cents for 9!

As I pondered a way to make them suitable for Easter, my thoughts went to animals made from heart shapes. Then I thought about bunnies with hearts for faces... and it all started from there.

Easter Bunnies from Hearts Tutorial


Here are the little heart guys in the package:



And here is my adaptation. I used a Sharpie to draw a little nose and whisker dots. I then attached some of the twenty billion teensy weensy wiggly eyes I own onto them using scrapbook adhesive. I am thinking about using hot glue on the rest (with the help of needle nose pliers, of course!).



Quick and easy! I hope it inspires you to take a look at some of that clearance stuff!

Thanks for stopping by! Alicia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...